Sunday, July 6, 2008

Freedom (4th July)




Bible Reading : Romans 6:15-13


Today is a holiday in the United States.On this date in 1776, the American Colonies accepted the Declaration of Independence. This was a document saying that the colonists were free from the rule of England. Every year on July 4Th, Americans gather for picnics,parades and fireworks to help them remember the freedoms they have in America.


I enjoy the freedoms I have as an American.But as a Christian , I have even greater freedom through Jesus Christ. Before I became a Christian, I was a slave to sin. I was not free. But when I accepted Jesus as my Savior, I became free to serve God. Verses 17-18 of our Bible Reading tell us," In the past you were slaves to sin - sin controlled you.But thank God, you fully obeyed the things that were taught to you. You were made free from sin.And now you are slaves to goodness (right living)."


Maybe you do not have many freedoms in our country.But if you are in a Christian, you have freedom from sin.Thank God today for your freedom through Jesus Christ.


" The Lord is the spirit. And where the Spirit of the Lord is , there is freedom." 2 Corinthians 3 :17


PRAYER : God , thank You for Jesus.In His name.Amen.

No comments: