Saturday, July 5, 2008

A Trip (1 July)




Bible Reading : John 14:1-4


Soon my husband and I will take a trip.We are going to a church convention in Kansas City, Missouri. We hope to see some family members and friends at the convention.


My husband and I have been looking forward to this trip for many months. We have prepared for the trip. We packed our clothes. We saved enough money to pay for our hotel room and food while we are in Kansas City.


But I am also looking forward to another trip. This will happen when Jesus takes me to live with Him forever. I don't know when this trip will happen, but I do know that living with Jesus will be wonderful.


In our Bible Reading today, Jesus told His disciples that He would prepare a place for His followers. I need to get ready for this trip. I can do that by obeying God every day.


I hope you will think about this wonderful trip and obey God today.


Only the people whose names are written in the lamb's book of life will enter the city" Revelation 21:27b


PRAYER: Dear Heavenly Father, I am excited to know that I will someday live with You forever. Help me to be ready for this important trip.In Jesus' name.Amen

No comments: