Sunday, July 6, 2008

Pride( 3th July)




Bible Reading : Luke 18:9-14


Once I really needed to wear glasses.But I was too proud. When I read a book, I squinted at the words.Finally I bought a small magnifying glass.


One time I was at a Bible study. I used the magnifying glass to help me read my Bible. The lady sitting next to me watched me for a long time.Finally she learned over and said, "Sir,you need glasses or a Bible with large print!"


In our Bible Reading today, Jesus talked about pride. He told a story about a religious leader who was humble. When the religious leader prayed, he said (verse 11b)," O, God , I thank you that I am not as bad as other people." But when the humble man prayed, he said (verse 13b), " O ,God, have mercy on me. I am sinner !" Jesus ended the story by saying (verse 14b),"Every person that makes himself important will be made humble."


Every time I see my magnifying glass, I remember I should be humble.Be humble and obey God today.


" God is against proud people, but he gives grace (kindness) to people who are humble." James 4:6b


PRAYER: Dear Father, help me to be humble and to obey you. In Jesus' name.Amen.

No comments: