Wednesday, June 4, 2008

COME,HOLY SPIRIT



Come, Holy Spirit -- speak to my heart,
Dwell richly within me as this new day starts;
Help me to see through the eyes of my Lord
So I can withstand all the sin in this world.

Teach me compassion for my fellow man
And if I should stumble, help me to stand;
Help me to love when it's easy to hate,
When fear overcomes me, strengthen my faith.

When I lack understanding, speak wisdom to me,
If pride should creep in, throw me down on my knees;
When I need some direction, please point out the way,
And take full control of all that I say,

Come, Holy Spirit -- live Christ's life through me,
Help me to honor His name faithfully;
I've made my choice, I have counted the cost,
Come guide me again as I take up my cross.





And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another
Helper, that He may abide with you forever, even the Spirit
of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither
sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells
in you. I will not leave you orphans, I will come to you.
(John 14:16-18)

No comments: