Friday, June 27, 2008

Hills (2)

Bible Reading : Isaiah 40:6-8


When I was young,my mother and grandmother took me to a hill in the country.We called this "Flower Hill" because of the many wildflowers that grew there.We were always excited to see the first wildflowers that bloomed in the spring. My mother and grandmother told me the names of each wildflower.But these flowers only lasted a short time.


Our Bible Reading today reminds us that all things on earth are temporary.But one thing lasts forever- God's word. Verse 8 says, " Yes, all people are like grass.Grass dies and wildflowers fall. But the word of our God continues forever."


When the Old testament was written,God's words were very important for the people who read it.When the New Testament was written, its words were important, too. And both the Old and New Testaments are important for us today.


The Bible is our guide in life. It will never be old-fashioned.Read and study God's word today.


Always remember the things written in that book of law... If you do this, then you will be wise and successful in everything you do." Joshua 1:8


PRAYER : Dear Father, help me to depend on You as I face new challenges today. In Jesus' name. Amen

No comments: