Wednesday, June 18, 2008

The Greatest Love


Bible Reading : John 15:7-17


In our Bible reading today,Jesus talked to His disciples.He taught them about love.Why? Because soon Jesus would be killed on the cross. He wanted His followers to know hi important message.


In verses 12-13,Jesus said,"This is what I command you: Love each other like I have loved you.The greatest love a person can show is to die for his friends." The disciples probably did not completely understand Jesus' words at that time.but soon Jesus would die for His friends- all the people in the world.


When Jesus died on the cross,He truly showed us that He loved us.Then when Jesus arose from the dead,He showed us that He wants us live forever with Him.


Jesus wants us to be His friends.In verse 14 and 17,Jesus said,"You are my friends,If you do the things I tell you to do. This is my command : Love each other." So,remember that Jesus wants us to obey Him.We can obey Him by loving other people.


Look for ways to show your love to others today.


[Jesus said,]" Continue in me and follow me teachings." John 15:7a


PRAYER : God,thank You for sending Jesus to die on the cross.In His name.Amen.

No comments: