Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Never Alone


Bible Reading : 1Kings 19:1-18


I remember one weekend when my children were out of town, and my friends were busy.There was no one who could go to church with me or to talk to me.

By Sunday evening I was very lonely and sad.There was no one in the house with me except my daughter's cat.At midnight,I was still awake.I thought about my marriage of twenty years.But now I was alone.I cried and I prayed.


Suddenly,a while furry bundle jumped on my bed! It was my daughter's cat.She often came on my bed.But this time she crept close to me and snuggled her head in the curve of my neck.Then the cat put her soft paw around my neck! She stayed next to me for a long time.


In our Bible Reading today,Elijah,was lonely and sad.Verse 12b tells us that God spoke to Elijah in a "quiet,gentle voice." God comforted and encouraged Elijah through His words.And I believe that God comforted me through my daughter's cat!


Remember that you are never truly alone.God will always be with you!


Elijah sat down under a bush.He asked to die." 1 Kings 19:4b


PRAYER : God,thank You for being with me.In Jesus' name.Amen.

No comments: