Friday, June 13, 2008

Rain



Bible Reading : Psalm 40:1-5


One day my oldest son,Alex,became very sick.As I sat in Alex's hospital room,it was raining.I watched the raindrops trickle down the window.I cried and I prayed to God.But I felt like God was not answering my prayers.


Two days later,Alex was doing much better.I decided to take him to a garden that was in the hospital courtyard.It was a beautiful garden,full of pink roses,tulips and purple lilacs.


That same evening it rained again.But this time as I looked out Alex's window,I saw more than just raindrops.I also saw the beautiful garden that we had visited earlier in the day.Before,I only saw the rain on the window.This time ,I saw the garden, too.


Often when we have problems,we can only see our problems.We don't see God's blessings and how He helps us overcome these problems.


Be sure to look for the wonderful things that God is doing in your life today.


"Lord ,our God,you have done many wonderful things! You have wonderful plans for us."Psalms 40:5a


PRAYER: Dear Heavenly Father,thank you for always being with me.In Jesus' name.Amen.

No comments: