Sunday, June 29, 2008

Hills (4)

Bible Reading: Mark 1:35-38


When I was young, my grandmother owned a farm.Part of the farm was a beautiful wooded area.This area was full of hills. It was so much fun to explore. But the best thing about this area was the peace and calmness I felt when I was thee. As I looked at the beautiful things. God had made, I felt very close to Him. In that place , there were no noises or distractions to bother me.


Our Bible Reading today tells us that Jesus went to a special place to be alone and pray. I think everyone needs a place where they can go and be alone with God.


Maybe you can't go out into the country , but you can still find place where you can still find a place where you can pray and be alone with God. Maybe you can just close the door of your bedroom or sit under a tree in the backyard or find a place in small closet.


I hope you have the opportunity to be in a quiet place with God today.Read His Word and pray to Him.


God is our storehouse of strength.In him, we can always find help in times of trouble." Psalm 46:1


PRAYER : Heavenly Father, I love You. Please help me spend some time alone with You today. In Jesus' name.Amen.

No comments: